Red is the color of passion and most of the things that you see associated with love are red. Red velvet cake recipe are truly famous when Valentine’s day approaches. Here is a simple moist red velvet cake recipe for you to try out this Valentine’s Day and enjoy the colors of love.
What you will need:
– All-purpose flour – 2 cups
– Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
– Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
– Salt – 1 teaspoon
– Cocoa powder – 2 packed tablespoons
– Sugar – 2 cups (tradition asks for brown sugar, but white sugar works well too)
– Vegetable oil – 1 1/2 cups
– Eggs – 2 (yolks and whites separated)
– Vanilla – 2 teaspoons
– Red food coloring – 15 ml
– White distilled vinegar – 1 teaspoon
– Plain hot coffee – 1/2 cup
– In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
– Preheat the oven to 325F.
– Blend oil and sugar together in a separate bowl until the sugar starts to dissolve. You can use an electric blender for this.
– Take the egg whites and beat them using an eggbeater until you get stiff standing peaks.
– Add the red food coloring to the egg whites and beat for about a minute more. Set it aside.
– In the oil and sugar mix, add the yolks of the eggs along with the vinegar and beat until the sugar dissolves.
– Add the hot coffee and mix well.
– Add the beaten egg whites to the mix and blend well.
– Add the flour mix to the wet mix using a spoon and mix well after each addition.
– Grease two 9-inch baking pans using a little butter and flour.
– Pour the batter in the baking pans equally. Smooth the tops.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
– You will know the cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
– Remove and cool on a wire rack before decorating or cutting in slices to serve.
While the cake is cooling you can prepare the frosting to go with it. Here is a simple recipe for white frosting.
What you will need:
– Cream cheese – 28 grams
– Milk – 2 tablespoons
– Butter – 4 tablespoons (at room temperature)
– Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
– Powdered sugar – 2 cups
– In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, milk and butter.
– Once it is smooth, add the vanilla and powdered sugar, and blend well until you get a smooth thick frosting.
To assemble the cake:
– On a serving plate, place one cake and spread a thick layer of frosting over it.
– Place another cake on top of it and cover with frosting on all sides.
– Chill for a few minutes before serving.
– You can make as many layers of the cake as you want.
Order yours with home delivery service available in Islamabad & Rawalpindi, from Food Master Pakistan only.
Source by: Anu Parsai